A thread lift is a minimally invasive cosmetic enhancement technique that lifts sagging skin on the face and neck using surgical suture threads. A thread lift is not a substitute for a facelift. It provides modest and subtle changes rather than dramatic results, and also helps individuals buy time before a face and neck lift may be needed.
The biggest advantage of a thread lift is the absence of visible scars and the very short downtime from routine activities. A thread lift is usually performed under local anesthesia and takes around an hour to complete. It is common to combine a thread lift with other non-invasive procedures such as anti-wrinkle injections, laser treatments and facial peels that help improve skin texture.
You are a good candidate for the procedure if:
- You are in your 30s or 40s. People at 50 and over can be candidates as long as their skin has not become too lax.
- You want to improve your looks by enhancing and highlighting features lost to premature ageing, improving sagging or loose skin on your face and neck.
- The changes that have occurred in your face and neck are not serious enough to warrant a face or neck lift.
- You are not expecting dramatic changes, but subtle ones.
- You do not have the time or the need to undergo a facelift at this time, but can afford to spend a few days recovering from procedure.